Refrigerant Gas R404a | 10.9KG
R-410A is a near-azeotropic HFC refrigerant gas blend developed as a zero-ozone-depleting replacement for R-22 in new HVAC equipment. Positive evaporation temperatures.
It is the internationally preferred option for new air conditioning equipment, heat pumps, etc. Unlike R-22, R-410A works at much higher pressures and only with POE synthetic oil. The great advantage of R-410A is its high refrigeration capacity that can be 50% higher than R-22. For this reason, smaller components can be used and make machines more compact compared to R-22. Copper fittings, pipes, valves, compressors, etc. must be designed to withstand the increase in pressure of R-410A. Due to its working pressures, R-410A is not suitable for conversion of existing equipment with R-22. For this conversion, R-424A would be recommended as a direct replacement (drop-in) or R-407C as a retrofit.
- High temperatures
- new installations
- · Does not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
- · Only compatible with POE synthetic oils.
- · Equipment can be refilled in the event of a leak.
- · Cooling capacity and working pressure much higher than R-22.
- GWP Global Warming Potential (GWP) = 2088
- · Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -51.58
- · Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0.1
- Saturated vapor density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 61.5
- · UN number: 1078
- · Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and non-flammable.
- · Always load in liquid phase.
POE synthetic oils
R-404A is an almost azeotropic HFC refrigerant gas mixture, with zero depletion of the ozone layer, used in new medium and low temperature refrigeration equipment. It is also an indirect substitute (retrofit), in equipment that had previously worked with R-502 and its HCFC substitutes such as R-408A, DI-44, HP80.
Its main application is new installations for medium and low refrigeration temperatures. Theoretical refrigeration capacity is 5% lower than R-502 at evaporation temperatures of -40ºC. The coefficient of performance (COP) is between 5 and 8% lower than R-502. By increasing the superheat, the COP of R-404A can be higher than that of R-502. In the case of retrofits for R-502 and its HCFC substitutes (R-408A, DI-44), 95% of the original mineral or alkylbenzene oil must be eliminated with a polyolester oil, change the filter drier, the valve expansion, rubber o-rings for plastic ones and sometimes oversizing the condenser. In the case of being used as a retrofit for R-22, it will also be necessary to change the safety valves and other elements that were set at the pressures of R-22.
Applications:· Water chillers.· Refrigerated warehouses.· Refrigerated display cabinets.· Ice cream/ice machines.· Ice rinks.· Cold rooms.· Refrigerated transport.· Cold drinks dispenser.· Frozen tunnels.· Fishing boats .
- average temperatures
- Low temperatures
- new installations
· Does not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
· Only compatible with POE synthetic oils.
· Equipment can be refilled in the event of a leak.
· Discharge temperatures lower than R-22, which prolongs the life of the compressor.
· Cooling capacity and energy efficiency slightly lower than R-502.
· Superior refrigeration capacity and energy efficiency similar to R-22.
· Global warming potential GWP (GWP) = 3922
· Boiling point at 1.013 bar (ºC): -46.45
· Temperature slip or glide (ºC): 0.7
· Saturated vapor density at 25ºC (kg/m3): 63.28
· UN No.: 3337
· Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and non-flammable.
· Always load in liquid phase.