R134a is a pure HFC refrigerant gas that replaces R-12 in new installations.
It allows working at lower pressures than the rest of HFCs and is a very energy efficient product for positive and medium temperatures.
R-134a is an excellent refrigerant used in a wide variety of applications and even as a component of many HFC blends on the market. It allows working at lower pressures than the rest of HFCs and is a very energy efficient product for positive and medium temperatures.
Applications:· Car air conditioning.· Domestic refrigerators.· Centrifugal water coolers.· Heat pumps.· Conservation chambers.· Refrigerated transport.· Commercial refrigeration.
- High temperatures
- average temperatures
- new installations
- Does not damage the ozone layer, ODP = 0.
- Equipment can be refilled in the event of a leak.
- They reach a refrigeration capacity slightly lower than R-12.
- Very energy efficient although it requires a larger compressor compared to other HFC refrigerants.
- GWP Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Boiling point at 1,013 bar (ºC): -26.1
- Temperature glide or glide (ºC): 0
- Saturated vapor density at -26.1ºC (kg/m3)
- Safety classification: A1. Low toxicity and non-flammable.